ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Africa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LedaG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Teaching in Africa Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am interested in heading out to East Africa (final destination as yet undecided) with my newly acquired TESOL certificate to hopefully start teaching. It appears that jobs are few and far between so can anyone point me in the right direction for local resources. I know that I haven't specified a location, which would help, but any ideas of where to start looking would be great. As this is the first time I have done this, I would also be grateful if you could provide suggestions of how I can check schools out, other than looking on the internet, of course.

Thanks for any help - great site!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Jobs in Africa Reply with quote

Hello ledaG

Check out our African Jobs section below

http://www.eslemployment.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID10&conf=DCConfID1

and check out our ESL School Finder's guide below. There are hundreds of ESL School addresses, some with emails and telephone numbers for quick and easy communication.

It's an e-book, so you can download it direct to your desktop in minutes.

https://www.mcssl.com/app/javanofpp.asp?merchantID=45162&IP=380.85.864.260&productID=2450923&afid=&vgclientid=

UJ

Last edited by unionjack on Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
LedaG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI UJ

Thanks a lot for your help. I have been rabidly keeping an eye on your Africa site - it's pretty much what brought me to you but have found that I either don't have enough experience (am trying to build this up by volunteering) or I reply to ads and then hear nothing more once I ask for further information. Still, the search continues and here's hoping.

Thanks again...
L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
batakata

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not been to East Afica but I have travelled in West Africa and I hope to go to South Africa to teach at some point too. One thing I've noticed, as you've already worked out, is that there are very few paid jobs. Teaching Englsh is definately a need, there's just often not the money to pay. Having said that, if you can track down some international schools you'll find some paid jobs but competiition maybe high. Also be aware that you can expect to receive local wages in most places, which is not a lot in many African countries. Good luck!
walterharris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Teaching in Africa Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to start teaching English next year in September. I would like to go to South Africa.

Has anyone have any experience there? Has anyone already taught in South Africa?
Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Innes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: