ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commission to agents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Issues for School Owners...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowhereman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Commission to agents Reply with quote

Can anybody explain with some degree of accuracy as to how much I should charge as an agent, working for language schools?

Thanks.
Magus1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero, agents are crap, and not to be trusted, you don't want to be a "recruiter" which is the word you should be using, as it is the correct term. Recruiters in China are scum, you don't want to be one of these scummers, believe me. Find a job that is more ethical and moral, you'll be happier in the long run.
Sunburst

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus1,

I hear 10 to 20% - agents sometimes get 20% for doing virtually nothing but sometimes they attend exhibitions at their own expense and work hard for their clients - it averages out I guess.
tropical

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nowhereman

Agents can be an important link for language schools to connect with markets they can't afford to travel to regularly. If you are doing your job well you will have a degree of expenses yourself through travelling to different regions to meet clients, attending trade fairs and conferences and publishing marketing material such as brochures and websites. You should also be supporting your clients throughout their study time, making sure that they are settling in well and being a communicator for the student with the college and the accommodation provider etc if applicable. If you are doing a lot of promotional work for a college, you can charge a reasonable percentage of the tuition fee from each student you send, this can be anywhere from 10-40% depending on how well established you are, how many students you send to the college and how much they trust you to do a good job. It's about building relationships and trust so you should probably start low and then agree to review your contract with the school after you have sent a few students and everyone is happy with the setup.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your venture.

Sarah
Academic Manager - Tropical Institute
walterharris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Commission to agents Reply with quote

I am looking for five sales agents on a commission only basis. Can anyone suggest great sales people to work from home? If so I want to hear from you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Issues for School Owners... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: