ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sao Leopoldo/Porto Alegre Brazil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Certification Issues...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faustinip

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Sao Leopoldo/Porto Alegre Brazil Reply with quote

Hi All. My husband grew up in Sao Leopoldo, Brazil and we're thinking of going down there for year or so. I have a M.Ed, have taught Spanish and English several years (Montana teaching certificate still valid ) , and am wondering if I would be required to have a TESL or similar certificate in order to teach. Thoughts or suggestions?

Patti
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TESOL or TEFL course isn't really necessary given your credentials...if you look for work at an international school or local school, you'll be teaching subjects and not EFL. If you plan to teach at a language institute or strictly adults, then you might find it beneficial to get a TEFL type course in but I don't think it's strictly required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Certification Issues... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: