ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommended books for CELTA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Recommended ESL Books...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sugarkay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Recommended books for CELTA. Reply with quote

Hi I am doing my CELTA in June,until then I am on a budget!As you can imagine. So, can anyone recommend books to help me get through, especially as I have no EFL experience. Thanks, good luck to you all.
Edda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Books For CELTA Reply with quote

Hi!

I strongly recommend you to read Jim Scrivener's "Learning Teaching", which will also be your course book and help you to progress in your teaching career.

Smile

All the best,
Edda
________
Yamaha YX600 Radian specifications

Last edited by Edda on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
c.holden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips for books that cover technical language translation? I am trying to become an ESL trainer for the wind energy industry with Spanish as the primary language of new employees that have been hired into the field. Please keep in mind that I am not a fluent speaker of Spanish.
cybervires

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: My recommendation for CELTA Reply with quote

For CELTA, I highly recommend "The CELTA Course Trainerís and Trainee Manual by Scott Thornbury". It's a very complete learning material with excellent coverage of the syllabus and fully endorsed by Cambridge ESOL.

You can visit this website for other recommended books:

http://www.online-tefl.co.uk/training/recommended-books/

Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Recommended ESL Books... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: