ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teaching positions in Dubai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metric

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: teaching positions in Dubai Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

Just looking for some info on teaching positions in the UAE. Is a teaching certificate necessary. I'm a recent graduate and could teach maths or physics and even english if I'm pushed. Is there a deadline for applying or what? What age group do you generally teach?

My first language is english but I have no teaching experience apart from the occasional tutorial (grind). Thanks for your time.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Teaching positions in Dubai Reply with quote

There's nothing like starting at the top. I'm afraid without teacher training and teaching experience, it is unikely that you will get a teacher position in the UAE.
I know you have to start somewhere but I'm afraid you are going to have to go to a poorer country where your degree would be sufficient but then the salary, working & living conditions will leave a lot to be desired. If you wish to teach English as a foreign language, then you will need a TEFL certificate, as a minimum.

The following is a recent advertisement for a teacher position in the UAE and if you think you could cope, then I would suggest that you send your CV to them and see what happens. They have not indicated the qualifications required for the position and so you have nothing to lose. I will send the recruiting company's details by pm.
Applying for as many jobs as you can, may be the way forward and then you will certainly know the market requirements.
-------------------------------------
Job Type: Teacher

Job Description: Promotes and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning.

Duties:
* Educates students by planning and developing course of study according to curriculum guidelines and state requirements.
* Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the Internet.
* Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student results by preparing assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework; conducting standardized tests in accordance with college policies and state law.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Intercepts deterioration in achievement by counseling students with academic difficulties; drawing on the school system's resources for additional academic assistance.
* Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.

Salary: 6500 AED/month

-------------------------------------------------

UJ
whoerle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is the exchange rate for UAE money to American dollars?

WJ
seeshore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do currency conversion here:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Seeshore
emerald

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Teaching positions in Dubai Reply with quote

Salary: 6500 AED/month

-------------------------------------------------

UJ[/quote]

This is an extremely bad salary, I came here with no experience on 8000 aed with only a TESOL cert, teaching in Sharjah. Dubai salary's start at 9000 aed.
realtymatching

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to answer a few questions & doubts people have in mind.

Yes, teaching the English language does require a degree. However, there are always exceptions to the rule. If your work experience is sufficient enough, then you may be invited for an interview and subsequently a job too.

I advise a much more proactive role, if you are serious in securing your Dream Teaching job in Dubai. Sending in your Resume to various recruiters, including those specifically recruiting for the education sector, and also applying to the schools directly, since many do have open positions, is a good start.

Do not expect overnight replies to your Job applications.

All The Best!
Rolling Eyes
aardvark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at Total ESL and there is an ad for teaching jobs in Dubai.
According to the ad, there are 50+ jobs available in Abu Dhabi starting in Aug 2012.

I have 2 quck questions:

Is HCT located in Abu Dhabi?

Didn't HCT fire a lot of ESL teachers recently?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: