ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter of No objection-Don't leave KSA without it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aardvark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Letter of No objection-Don't leave KSA without it! Reply with quote

When I left KSA a year ago, it was to finish up my business overseas. I had stuff to sell and put what little I have in storage.

Before I took the flight out, I asked my boss, "Do I need any paperwork to come back to KSA as a teacher?" His answer was "No."

Like a fool, I believed him and now the paper known as "Letter of No Objection" has bitten me squarely in the ass. It is the document needed to return to KSA as a university professor.

DO NOT believe anything your boss tells you. Trust no one in the Middle East. It is a land of eternal paper chases and you will spend loooooong months trying to gather these documents.....some are almost impossible to get once you leave the country........ send a PM to me and I will tell you the name of the company.
Embarassed Confused Sad
St. George

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: BRIBE Reply with quote

Aardvark, that is very remiss of you.

The only solution is to contact an expat, by telephone, who worked for the same company and ask him to chase up your ex boss for the letter.

I assume that your ex boss is a Saudi and therefore, you will have to give him an incentive. $100-$200 should do the trick but tell your expat friend not to hand over the money until he gets the letter.

Best of luck

St. G
aardvark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: NOC is almost impossible to get-- even in KSA Reply with quote

Go to Daves ESL cafe and you'll find exactly what companies do to prevent employees from getting the NOC.

In the Saudi Arabia forum (look for "IGIT-International Group for Training) there are several posts that say all Saudi Arabian companies have a non-competitive clause. Even if it's not in your contract, it exists among companies in a Saudi "gentleman's agreement." that means that once you leave the country, the universities cannot compete for your services for 2 years. The rest of the Middle East is open, but not Saudi universities.

Some people try to get around this by "washing" the passport. That means destroying the old passport, applying for and getting a new one, and applying for Saudi universities by stating that you've never been to KSA before. That could get you deported and it has happened. I'm not that desperate to get back to KSA, but I have to pay off my taxes.

I gotta wonder if the recruiting companies put this language in KSA visa laws to keep a fresh supply of labor coming to them. It also screws the bona-fide professors and universities from getting together and conducting business. Who has more wasta? the recruiters or the universities? Question Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: