ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Kuwait on visitor's visa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeedsTyke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Teaching in Kuwait on visitor's visa Reply with quote

I recently e-mailed a training institute in Kuwait about a teaching position and they replied within 2 minutes inviting me for an on-line interview. If successful they would require me to start asap, which they say would mean going to Kuwait on a visitor's visa, with the residency to be arranged by them later. Does this sound legit? They pay 800KD/month (about $2,800) which is a little lower than most offers I've seen for the Gulf. Does anyone know what the cost of living is like in Kuwait? Also, they only offer free acommodation for the first month - after that they give an allowance of 150KD/month towards housing. Would that be enough to get a decent flat? I'd be grateful for any feedback. Thanks.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: LEGIT Reply with quote

Hello LeedsTyke

Welcome to the forum

Yes, it sounds legit and as long as they don't want any money from you, then you have nothing to lose. A UK or Spanish citizen can remain in Kuwait for 90 days before requiring a residency visa.

pm me the company and advertisement details and I'll find out what I can.

UJ
aardvark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: salary is low for Q8 Reply with quote

The salary you mentioned is low for Kuwait. TQSL is a mid-level company and they pay better.
The visa you mentioned is also known as a "commercial visa" and is SOP for Kwait. Things will get sorted out once you pass probation and get your civil ID card.

The housing arrangement sounds dodgy, especially for the low wages you were offered. You will also have to pay for transportation (taxis) and they can be expensive in the long term.

I would say "no" to the offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: