ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saudi salary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeedsTyke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Saudi salary Reply with quote

I've applied for a teaching position with Saudi Aramco but the salary on offer seems too good to be true: basic $4,500-6,500/month plus a food/housing/transport allowance equal to 65% of basic salary. That means nearly $3,000/month in the worst case scenario. How much can you possibly spend on those three things in SA? It looks as though you'd be saving your entire salary plus a portion of the allowance.

The interview process is being handled by Satline Manpower Consultancy, which appears to be based in India. Does this look like a scam?
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: ARAMCO WEBSITE Reply with quote

So, the next step is to check with Aramco, via their legitimate website contact details. Are they hiring and is this Agency authorised to recruit on their behalf?

UJ
afzal2112

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like Khobar (in the east) much better than Jeddah..
we also have a large indian community here...
aardvark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: For comparison Reply with quote

Here are some of the details of a contract that I got from KFUPM to teach at Hafir al Battin. ACHB as it's called is in the middle of nowhere and a very isolated place to teach. I'm posting it to give you an idea of what salary is like and to put this out of my mind because I've been eating my heart out over lost salary.

2 year contract: base salary of SR 165,500 per year.
Local transportation allowance: SR 6000 per year.
Termination benefit: 1/2 month salary per year PROVIDED I complete the 2 year gig. After I complete 5 year service, I get 1 month salary for all years of service.
Tuition fees for employee's school age dependent children (in KSA schools of course). Paid for max. 4 kids and the contribution will not exceed SR 25,000 per year.
Prepaid air fare for up to 4 people from place of origin to Dammam, Saudi Arabia (once per year).
60 days annual leave with pay as earned vacation right. To be paid after vacation
Either party is free to terminate contract w/o notice during its validity upon payment of a penalty of 2 mos. base salary.
Teaching load is between 20 and 25 hours per week.

The moving hand writes and having writ, moves on

Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: