ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Forum! Please read...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulo2006

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete...

- P=MC2

Last edited by paulo2006 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee Hobbs
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Ghosts Reply with quote

paulo2006 wrote:
That voice is a remnant of Christmas past - not necessarily ’what is’ but rather what ’could be’...

Er, wouldn't that then be the Ghost of Christmas "Future"?

Lee's blog is still available, however, here: www.english-blog.com
paulo2006

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes ...

Bah Hamburg Exclamation

What’s the difference...

- P=MC2
berny1412

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: New Forum! Please read... Reply with quote

[quote="Guy Courchesne"]Welcome...it's a great pleasure of ESLemployment to open a new forum. Say Anything.

As we are part of a large, international community of teachers and job-seekers, we're happy to provide a place for a little relief, to share stories and rants, and to get to know one another, outside the formality of the job.

Got something to say? Say it here.

Of course, this is still a pubic forum, so be polite. Let's keep the flaming to a minimum

I wish to highlight an unfortunate incident that happened to me and my friend. I registered as an applicant in the ESL website and I was requested to attend an interview at ICYM Language Centre in Kampung Baru in Kuala Lumpur. I was interviewed by the gentleman (Mr. Ian Thomas) who runs the English programmes and was offered the position of part-time full-time English teacher. My friend who was also interviewed for a similar position was also offered the job and both of us were requested to report for duty the next day. I met the Head of the Language Academy Shahrom Shahrani in the corridor after my interview and he inquired on the outcome of my interview and I told him I was hired and he went off.

We were in for an unpleasant surprise and a rude shock when we reported for duty at 8 am the next day where we were told by Shah that our appointments were invalid as the Centre agents had told students that the centre only employs native speakers. Not only that we were made to wait from 8am to 10am for Shah to tell us that but he could have told us this the very day we were interviewed instead of making us come back the next day. Ian and Shah should have ironed out the Centre's appointments before calling up candidates for interviews. Interviewers should respect the interviewees!

Why then were we called for interviews in the 1st place is my question?

Now ICYM has again advertised for full time teachers form RM4K - I doubt this is the rate paid to native speakers. [b] THOROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED AND DEEPLY FRUSTRATED APPLICANTS[/b]
rebecca.hartstrom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Hello from Aus! :) Reply with quote

Hi everyone! First of all I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Rebecca Hartstrom, a noob here from Sydney. I hope to meet a lot of new acquaintances/friends here. I promise to help out anyone too who has questions about how to pursue their dream jobs and give some job searching tips as well. Again I hope everyone is having an awesome week! Smile
Johan96

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
My name is Johan and I have just graduated.
Not yet working, Just looking for a good job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: