ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scam: SCHOOL NAME REMOVED (Warning ESL Teachers)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ESLTeacherAdventurer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Scam: SCHOOL NAME REMOVED (Warning ESL Teachers) Reply with quote

This post has been moderated UJ

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have just finished a stint in Konya, Turkey teaching at a Private institution that has had trouble keeping their Native English Teaching Staff (NETS) from fleeing. Now, I googled the school and found 1 review, I remember either the ESLForum or reddit...not sure. anyway, I thought...not enough people have taught here, let me give it a try. These are the RED FLAGS.

The school is literally a house with 3 classrooms.

Teachers sleep upstairs like they are caretakers of the school.

There is a telephone in your room ... to ensure you are always available.

You have 1 Day off - it is a 6 Day week.

You can work up to 10.5 hours in one day

The manager of the school is dodgy and will drag out your visa process for months. And then one day you will find out you are actually working illegally.
    He is a scam artist of note.

They will keep all of your original documents: PASSPORT ...everything under lock and key in a safe. When you leave, you need to beg for your documents

There is one other teacher and this man is CLEARLY...very clearly a criminal/predator/pervert of some kind. You just get a bad hit from him. He has taught for 2 years and because he is over 65 years old so he is not about to leave. He says the strangest things to students...to children and it is very disturbing and uncomfortable and you have to wonder if this school actually vets its teachers. He has prison tattoos and every female teacher who has worked before me basically fled - the common denominator is this teacher. I have spent 5 months here, read the situation and my conclusion is that he is a predator and because they cannot get new teachers to stick around for more than 5 months, they tolerate him. There is a silent consensus - as long as nothing happens...and there are cameras in each classroom - then he can remain teaching. It's sick on soo many levels.

Please teachers, for your own safety and if you must teach in Konya, I suggest either teaching at a public school in Konya or you can even take a chance at teaching at Wall Street. Do not try your luck here. You could even wind up being deported.

Steer clear of : Name removed

Please contact the poster for further details UJ
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: