ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you ever forged documents?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Certification Issues...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever forged documents to get a job?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

aardvark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Have you ever forged documents? Reply with quote

Those of you who have to get your visas and stuff know the drill. You have to print out a stupid medical report that asks you if you have ever been treated for beri beri or ricketts.

I know I will get no response from you, but have you ever saved your old medical reports and scanned them into scanners (changing the dates to update the year)?
It's actually a wonderful time-saving device because schools assume that you can schedule a complete medical exam in 30 days or less.

and the insult to injury comes when you take another physical exam (in host country) where the standard for passing is being able to walk unassisted.

I just want to know if you guys play by the rules or do you do what you have to do?
Wink
St. George

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: CHEATING Reply with quote

This is quite common in Arab and Indian countries and it is called helping one another. Of course, in the West, it is called cheating.The Arabs are so used to cheating, that when you show them the genuine article, they just don't believe you.

I recall interviewing an American ( he could have been any nationality ) and he said that he had experience in the areas in question and so he was added to the list for a second interview. At the second interview, when he was required to answer the same questions in depth, he was unable to do so. When asked why he had lied, about his experience, at his first interview, he said, "what would you do if you were out of work and had six kids to raise"?

He didn't get the job, although I can sympathize with him. What would you do?

I would do the same!

St. G
aardvark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: I just saved myself $1400 Reply with quote

I went to Daves ESL cafe and I found out some teachers pay $1300-$1400 to get a complete physical exam. Shocked Confused Laughing

I did mine for the cost of ink and paper. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

So what do you guys do when your bosses play with one set of rules and expect you to play by a different set of rules?
Reilly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just browsing this forum and came across this thread. I do realize that it is several years old, however it is still on the first page so I would just like to offer a differing view point to the last poster...also to others who may be considering forging documents.

First of all, forging documents is a crime. It is a felony as opposed to a simple misdemeanor.

" Forgery is the act of criminally making or altering a written instrument for the purpose of fraud or deceit. In the U.S., depending on the type of documents forged, forgeries are primarily classified in three degrees: first degree, second degree, and third degree. The first two degrees are felonies and the third degree amounts to a misdemeanor. The first degree forgery involves the actual presentation or use of any falsely made, altered or possessed document with the intent to deceive or defraud"

Secondly the claim that the boss is playing by a different set of rules is wholly irrelevant. The claim that "Well he did it, so why can't I?" has never been considered a valid defense in court.
We are all independent grown adults with 100% responsibility for our own actions. Let me ask you. If the boss ingested illegal drugs, would you? If the boss cheated on his wife, would you? If the boss beat his children would you?

Why then would you follow his conduct in any other areas?

Bottom line. If one has messed up his life to the point where committing forgery to work in another country is their only/best option...then it is likely they have far more serious personal issues to deal with than finding a place to work.

Harsh advice? Yes. Unduly harsh? No. I would suggest that it is in any case preferable to getting caught with forged documents and facing jail time with fines and deportation in the future.

Last edited by Reilly on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Reilly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to the quote in my first post...couldn't post it there.

https://forgery.uslegal.com/punishments-for-forgery/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Certification Issues... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: