ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Read this at your own risk... (Painful Truth)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Read this at your own risk... (Painful Truth) Reply with quote

I guess I always believed that as teachers, we were "smarter" than our non-educator peers. After reading this link I realized I was fooling myself and needed to expand my "education" beyond just language skills! http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?704348-Help-Expose-the-MSM-(Main-Stream-Media)-Deception-Send-this-link-to-your-friends!&p=1913124#post1913124

After you read this ask yourself this, as teachers do we limit our educational assistance to only language or do we at least warn others not run with scissors or eat juicy looking apples found in strange places? Many teachers preach the Bible but I think this topic is far more important and useful. So as of today, I will start teaching all my high school students not to believe all the "news" they see and hear and how to analyze and evaluate the source.
Reilly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"After you read this ask yourself this, as teachers do we limit our educational assistance to only language or do we at least warn others not run with scissors or eat juicy looking apples found in strange places?"

As teachers we should do the job we were hired to do and not push our personal agendas onto the students under the guise of teaching. Not exactly a radical concept....or IS it?

I rather doubt your students are going to know or care and that's if they have the language skills to understand your point to begin with. I'd be careful with that if I were you. Questioning the news can be construed as challenging the national narrative in some countries
St. George

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Reilly

I've read your other posts and it appears that you think that always obeying the law is the right thing to do. Is there an instance, in your opinion, when breaking the law is justified?

Here is a case in point. My mother died and an incorrect name was registered against the plot of land in which she was buried. Later, a birth and death certificate were submitted as evidence that the registered name was incorrect and although this was accepted as proof, it is the law that the first name submitted must be retained and therefore, cannot be changed. We don't know who made the original mistake but to correct the name would be breaking the law.

If the registrar were to correct the name, he would be breaking the law but he has seen the evidence and knows that to do so would be the correct course to take. I can guess what you would do but I would take the common sense approach and change it.

As you know, the law can be an ass!

St. G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: