ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STUDENT VISA / CANCELLING CONTRACT WITH AGENCY / HELP!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdilMia23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: STUDENT VISA / CANCELLING CONTRACT WITH AGENCY / HELP!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi,
I am currently in my first year of teaching in China and I like many others came over using an agency.
In my contract it stated that they would supply me with a work visa and I would just have to pay for the visa run, however upon arriving they told me that I have to get a student visa instead and I still would have to pay for the visa run (which ended up being 3500 rmb). I was ok with that as I thought the agency would actually get a work visa for me.

I am now currently on my last month of the student visa and they informed that they cannot get a work visa for me and I would have to get another student visa. My school that I am at currently have been very supportive and want me to cancel the contract with the agency, however I am afraid that once I cancel the contract the agency will cancel my student visa and I'll be left stranded.

Can someone advise what to do please?
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: RESIGNATION Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

It appears you are on a sticky wicket!

On a student visa, you are not allowed to work full time and this is what you appear to be doing. If this is the case both you and the Agency are breaking the law. Therefore, if you do anything to upset this Agency, they can report you. They may not do it directly, so as not to implicate themselves but surreptitiously. If you report them, you will get into trouble also, so there is no way out. You will just have to stick it out until the contract expires.

If your residency permit runs out at the same time as your visa, then you will have to renew your visa to remain resident. If they then cancel your new visa because you have resigned you will still be resident and then you can apply to the school for a new contract. They would have to go through the same scenario to get you a Z visa. There are so many ifs and buts that it is impossible to see where it will end.

Best of luck...

UJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: