ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Art in TEFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Open ESL Expert Discussion...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ircarodejnice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Art in TEFL Reply with quote

Hello All

I am currently researching the role and possibilities of visual arts in TEFL and I am looking for materials on using visual art in the TEFL classroom. I have just started researching this topic for my MA. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help!
Irena
irena_ellis@yahoo.co.uk
www.irenaellis.blogspot.com
ICAL_Pete

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Visual Arts for ESL Reply with quote

I’m sure you won’t have any trouble finding resources on this, particularly on the use of photography and movies in the ESL classroom.

There are some interesting articles on this topic in The Internet TESL Journal, a monthly web journal for TESL/TEFL teachers. See “Content Video in the EFL Classroom” by M. Furmanovsky or “The Creative Connection in Movies and TV” by J. Ward and S. Lepeintre

Another interesting read could be "Postcards from America": Linking Classroom and Community in an ESL Class
by E. Landay, M. Meehan, A. Newman, K. Wootton, D. King

Print, Film, and Hypertexts: A Multimedia Model for Discipline-Based ESL Instruction.
by Loretta F. Kasper

You should also contact the San Francisco State University and enquire about their papers form the M.A.TESOL Conference held in Spring 2005, where many guests spoke on alternatives to standard materials in developing learning activities for ESL students, including photography and movies.

Hope this helps

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Open ESL Expert Discussion... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: