ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teaching in morocco or turkey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laila michaud

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: teaching in morocco or turkey Reply with quote

I am just about to complete a one year contract teaching English in South Korea. Although Korea is a great country to start off your ESL career (ie. you can save and it's very safe), i would like to go and teach somewhere a little more exciting and closer to home (England). My partner (Australian) and myself would really like to either teach in Morocco or Turkey. We would be looking at starting work in September 2007. We both have degrees, and now, one year's experience teaching...is this enough for our next desired destination? and is september a good time to go?
If anyone has any views or experience regarding this, please let me know,
Thanks, Laila.
ada25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istanbul is a great city with lots and lots to do, very modern, chic, historical etc... I taught at a private middle-high school mixed crowd, back in 2000 and liked it very much...they paid me same amount as the other English teachers, who had degrees in English!? I am Turkish- Canadian, and speak English therefore, they did not require a degree in English for me Smile
So you guys would have no problem in finding a job there! Teaching at universities are also another option, but they may require some qualifications, I am not sure. Check out the possible ads., ask questions, do your research...

It's not so expensive in Turkey, but depending on where you are, (big cities are a bit pricey, ) you can find a decent apartment , and enjoy a very good night life, shopping, cafes, restaurants, etc for a lot less than England! Smile

Good luck !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: