ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new to tefl, want to teach in Abu Dhabi...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exetersam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: new to tefl, want to teach in Abu Dhabi... Reply with quote

Hi forum people Smile

I'm recently out of university in the UK, i've got an Ma and a Ba but no formal TEFL qualifications.

Could someone guide me as to my chances of being hired in Abu Dhabi, the salary I could expect and places to start looking for a job?

Would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards

Sam
afzal2112

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general you'll need a degree and a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate to get a visa and work. The TEFL certificate can be taken either in-house or online at your own pace which is a much cheaper option.
aardvark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: new to tefl, want to teach in Abu Dhabi... Reply with quote

exetersam wrote:
Hi forum people Smile

I'm recently out of university in the UK, i've got an Ma and a Ba but no formal TEFL qualifications.
Could someone guide me as to my chances of being hired in Abu Dhabi, the salary I could expect and places to start looking for a job?
Would be greatly appreciated!
Best regards

Sam

a nooob..... and proud of the fact......by all means, go and apply!! I recommend Kaplan and Footprints Twisted Evil
St. George

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: ARAB COUNTRIES Reply with quote

Hello ExeterSam

Arab countries are probably the worst places to start teaching anything. I'm afraid the Arabs are not receptive to learning. Therefore, you will have a hard time learning your craft, as most of your time will be spent trying to disciplining them, which is quite impossible. Even experienced teachers can't hack it. Just read some of Aardvarks posts, except his post above, in which he is having a laugh, at your expense.

I suggest you start off in a European country; any will do and you might end up liking it. Whereas, you would just end up hating it in an Arab country and that would probably be the end of your teaching career, before it's begun.

Best of luck

St. G

Last edited by St. George on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: ESL SCHOOL FINDER Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, exetersam

Send your CV to every ESL School, wherever you want to go, and take your pick from the offers you receive. However, your choice will be limited due to your lack of experience.

We have an ESL school finder guide, containing the addresses of over 10,000 ESL Schools worldwide, which you can download to your desktop and be sending off your CV in minutes. Most contain email addresses, telephone numbers and contact persons.

By sending your CV direct to the school, you can follow up by email or phone and if there are no vacancies, your CV can be kept on file until there is.

Take a look here: http://www.esl-school-finder.com/

Good hunting

UJ
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: CV Reply with quote

ExeterSam

Just checked in the ESL School Finder and there are 60 ESL schools listed in the UAE. and of these, 25 are in Dubai and 21 in Abu Dhabi.

Why not send off your CV, to check their response.

UJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: