ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any info on Abu Dhabi University

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bourgoinpierre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Any info on Abu Dhabi University Reply with quote

i just got a job offer with the university of abu dhabi. they called me up but didn`t even interview me or check any of my references, three days later I got a contract. The salary and benefits are good but I have no clue about the actual university. Anybody has any inside info on the place?
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Abu Dhabi Reply with quote

There was no university in Abu Dhabi, when I was there in 1998; a long time ago.

However, I can vouch for the place. Lots of good pubs, hotels, restaurants and beaches and so it's a good contract for an expat.

The only thing I use to worry about, when working in an Arab country, was the accommodation. If that was ok, then everything else was ok

The university has to apply for an entry visa for you, so don't pack your job in just yet, unless you are a Brit, in which case, you won't need a residency visa for the first three months.

Until you have your flight tickets, don't pack your bags. They can easily change their minds and they often do.

Best of luck

UJ
bourgoinpierre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The job turned out to be a big joke! I was asking about visa processes and was surprised when they seemed reluctant to answer me. I dug a little deeper and found some blogs, three threads, on Dave`s ESL cafe that totally trashed the place. I guess it`s back to the old drawing board...
moiraida

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Abu Dhabi Uni Reply with quote

Yes,

they are interested in hiring me too. It is a new University, but does anybody know anything about them?
afzal2112

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beside the 2 you want to exclude, I just can think about UAE University in Al Ain, NYAD, College of Higher Technology and the Petroleum institute.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: