ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scammers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bencan2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Scammers Reply with quote

Beware: A few lousy flea bitten Arabs are running ads concerning the Dubai British School. It is all a scam. I was taken in by them. One guy calls himself Ibrahim Zabiba who says he works for the UAE embassy where they will issue you are work permit and a visa. The other guy is using Andrew Homdem's name and says he is the principal of the school. When you send an email to the phony email address thinking it is the schools you get the SOB arab. It cost me $685.00. I was sent a contract and some official looking UAE embassy papers that I had filled in and scanned back. I signed the phony contract and was told all was well and they would meet me at the airport. I was told I would be reimbursed for the ticket and the work permit. THEN IT DAWNED ON ME TO CONTACT THE SCHOOL DIRECTLY. YOU GUESSED IT, I WAS TOLD BY THE REAL PRINCIPAL THAT SOME illegitimate Arabs are running a scam. Beware. they have an ad on this site now.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: BOGUS ADVERTISEMENT Reply with quote

Hello Ben

Thanks for that. However, we are familiar with this advertisement, which we delete frequently and it will again be deleted today.

Our new site is nearing completion, with up-to-date software, which will prevent these scammers from advertising on our jobs board.

UJ
hana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: inappropriate Reply with quote

thank you Ben for warning the community and sorry for your loss however, you could have sent the same message without the racist remarks. since it is an internet scam you cant be sure of who or where it originates from. For all you know it may have been set up by some bastard hilbillies in their tennesse basement. Im just surprised the hosts of this site let you post such ignorant remarks.
jack705

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really sad, but I think you should be aware of such scammers. You should get their address and phone numbers first and then check that they are valid or not and then you should go for form submitting
michaelmccoy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with hana's comment there - no need for that kind of language to get your point across about the scammers
Astheart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I donīt think that checking their address and mobile numbers would be enough...... Using Google Maps you can choose an existing address simply and what concerns mobile numbers I wouldnīt trust in it as well.
Let me explain it. Just in GB I know about two companies (Flextel, Datacalls) at least that offer free mobile numbers, redirectable numbers. It means the number looks like British but in fact, the owner can be anywhere in the world; all calls are redirected automatically without any idea of the person who dials such a number. Scammers like using it. You think the guy is in GB and he sits .......somewhere in Nigeria. It concerns all UK numbers that begin 070x ...... And if it is possible in the UK it can be possible in any other country in the world.
So be alert!
I think the best thing is to contact the school other way and find out if you talk to the right person. You can also google the name and find out if thereīs not any bad note about him. Or ask people who know a lot about scamming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: