ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who would you prefer to deal with?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aardvark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: who would you prefer to deal with? Reply with quote

Let's make this a hypothetical question:

If you were offered 2 jobs teaching English in the Middle East at the same salary: one job in Saudi Arabia and the other job in UAE, which would you choose?

Based on my limited experience, I would choose UAE. This is because dealing with Saudis requires lots of...how shall I say....patience and tongue-biting. I had a real bad experience w/ Saudi Interlink.. Mad

But feel free to give your opinions. I always enjoy hearing from someone who has been there and done that. Smile
St. George

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: UAE Reply with quote

Aardvark, I've been to both places and dealing with the Arabs, wherever they may be, is just as bad. Nevertheless, the social scene, after work, is a must and therefore, the UAE wins hands down, providing you have access to either Abu Dhabi or Dubai..

Incidentally, there are pubs in the UAE but not in Saudi Arabia!

St. G
Ajarn Mike PhD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: interlink Reply with quote

Yes, I had a nightmare with Interlink. Strange work practices; boss breaking contract, and etc. Left without notice after turning in grades.
lee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: I have done both Reply with quote

AArdvark,

I have taught in both Saudi Arabia and in Bahrain. Where you work should depend on your objectives. If you want to work, receive pretty good money, save a lot of it but have not much of a life outside of vacations then the one in Saudi is for you. If you want to have a life with many more options for entertainment but probably not save much then the emirates are a hands down winner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: