ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is 10 years experience enough for Europe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Certification Issues...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulr1

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Is 10 years experience enough for Europe? Reply with quote

I'm looking to find some teaching work in the UK or Europe. I'm a British citizen and I have 10 years teaching experience in South Korea, two of those years running my own private language institute. However, I am not TEFL TESOL or CELTA certified. I will be looking to find a job starting next March. I know it is too early to apply now, but I'm wondering if it is necessary for me to get a certification given my experience. If so, would an online TEFL be enough as I don't have enough time to get anything else right now.

Any ideas?

Paul.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: QUALIFICATIONS Reply with quote

Hello Paulr1

Welcome to the forum

I think it is just a case of ticking all the boxes, as far as the employer or recruiter is concerned.

They have hundreds of CVs to sift through and a TEFL certificate is one of the qualifications they will look for, so if it isn't there, you could be passed over for interview.

With your experience, I would suggest that an online TEFL would tick the box.

Best of luck

UJ
Paulr1

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.

Thanks so much for your reply and advice. I will consider getting a TEFL, even if it is an online one.

Thanks again!

Paul Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Certification Issues... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: