ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ESL opportunities in Israel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akardm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: ESL opportunities in Israel? Reply with quote

I just read an article describing how there is a tremendous need for ESL teachers in Israel, but I see very few job announcements on this site. How does a person with an MA in Linguistics/TESL go about looking for a one-year position in Israel?

Thanks for any guidance,
Michael Akard
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Job in Israel Reply with quote

Hello Akardm

Welcome to the forum.

Here's some info to get you started:

http://www.eslemployment.com/articles/english-teaching-in-israel-378.html

Check out our ESL School Finder guide, in which you will find 40 ESL School addresses for Israel. Start sending them your resume now.

http://www.esl-school-finder.com/

UJ
Lmaizel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Where is the TESOL Organization in Tel Aviv? Reply with quote

Hello Unionjack,

Thank you for your reply to Akardm. I was looking at the link you included, and I see mention of the TESOL organization in Tel Aviv. Where is this organization? I cannot find its website nor any mention of an actual school or organization specifically by that name.

Can you help me find this specific organization or recommend another reputable organization in Israel?

Thank you.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: TESOL ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

Hello Lmaizel

Sorry for the delay in answering but I have just received a reply, from Israel, with reference to your query.

It seems that the article was making reference to the organization of TESOL in Tel Aviv, rather than there being a TESOL Organization, as such.

However, the reply was specifically about training to be a teacher for their primary and secondary schools, where Hebrew is also required and not about private ESL schools, in which, I think, you are interested.

Unfortunately, I know very little about the ESL scene in Israel. Nevertheless, my first approach would be to make contact with the private ESL schools by sending them a CV and covering letter, then follow up with a telephone call or email.

UJ

Last edited by unionjack on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lmaizel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for looking into this, UJ! I really appreciate it!

-Leor
salgolden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a teacher - I'm a parent of English speaking non-American children in Israel. There is a tremendous need for ESL teachers, especially ones with Native English
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: