ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single woman considering working in KSA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diannadunn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Single woman considering working in KSA Reply with quote

Hello, I am new to this forum and seeking my first TESOL experience overseas. (however, this is not my first experience living or working outside the US) at this point the only attention I am receiving is from a british recruiting agency working for princess Nora bint university in Riyadh.

I am interested in hearing from any single women who have lived and taught in KSA. I am 54 years old, degrees, with university teaching experience in the US. My family is worried to the point of distraction for me. Is it possible, as a single adult woman, to have a successful teaching/living experience in Riyadh?

Any and all info/insights is appreciated. Especially female viewpoints.

Thank you
St. George

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: DANGER Reply with quote

Some of the most dangerous places, in the world, for western women are Arab countries.

In the west we have laws to protect women and yet check out the number of attacks there are on women in the west.

So, what do you think is going to happen, to a single woman, in Saudi, where western women are 3rd class citizens and who don't have any protection from the law?

My experience of women is that you will do what you want to do, in spite of the dangers and then blame everyone else instead of yourself for allowing the situation to develop.

Don't go there and there will be no danger; go there and there will be danger!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: