ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please can someone help me!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tracy Campion

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Please can someone help me! Reply with quote

I have been offered a position with A.C.L.E in San Remo Italy and I have signed the contract BUT! my contract conditions are very different from the jobs advertised on their website !!!
My contract is for 1 year with a monthly salary of 2,600 euros working 34 hours a week from 4pm until 10pm Mon - Fri with free private accommodation HOWEVER on their website it says the job positions are working in the summer only in summer camps with a salary of 250 euros a week!! moving from camp to camp every 2 weeks!
I have wriitten several e-mails to them asking the name of the school I will be teaching in and information about the accommodation and I get no reply!!!
I contacted the ESL advisers and they think it all sounds very suspect!!!
Please can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience with A.C.L.E or if anyone tell tell me if this job position exists Question
rebecca.hartstrom

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tracy,

That does sound rather fishy. If they are not replying to your emails then something is very wrong. Are they even a legitimate school? I hope you get to the bottom of this soon. But my opinion is that if they are not getting back to you and they have not been honest to you then you should not bother with them anymore. Take care!
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: CONTACT Reply with quote

Tracy

You need to contact A.C.L.E. via the contact details given on their website to determine whether the job is genuine or not.

http://www.acle.org/index.php/camps/what-are-the-acle-camps.html

Scammers often use genuine school names but use their own email addresses and telephone numbers. Therefore, it is important to use only the contact details on their website.
Tracy Campion

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: CONTACT Reply with quote

unionjack wrote:
Tracy

You need to contact A.C.L.E. via the contact details given on their website to determine whether the job is genuine or not.

http://www.acle.org/index.php/camps/what-are-the-acle-camps.html

Scammers often use genuine school names but use their own email addresses and telephone numbers. Therefore, it is important to use only the contact details on their website.

dear Unionjack,
Thank you so much for your help. The e-mail address that the job offer has used is I hope the ACLE E-MAIL ADDRESS! I sent it an e-mail yesterday asking them if the job involves working in the summer camps? and I got a reply this morning saying I am going to be a permanent teachers, The replies are always from acle@rome.com that I get, HOWEVER on the ACLE website they use 2 different contact addresses which are : vincent@acle.it and info@acle.org and I also have only been given a skype contact number which is 00390694816993 which is not advertised on the ACLE web site!
My question to you is should I trust it now or shall I still call the ACLE phone number on their web site to be totally sure? Please advise me again as I value your input very much. Thank you. from Tracy Campion.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: SCAM Reply with quote

Tracy

I would treat it as a scam (do not trust them) until you speak with A.C.L.E. via their website contact telephone number.

UJ
missleaks

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: be careful Reply with quote

Get them to email you a contract and ensure that you print the one given and only sign that one. sounds dead suspicious to me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: