ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scam in England

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arwentelian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Scam in England Reply with quote

A Dr Jun Li, or Dr Jun Cao sent me an email looking for a private English tutor:

Dear applicant,
Good day to you today.
My name is Dr. Jun Li a native of Beijing,CHINA. Presently,me and my family just relocated to Guildford,England few months ago.I am actually in need of a competent professional International English Language teacher who can take my Wife, Mimi and my 2 kids, Chun and Mai in English classes.I am willing to pay you 2,800.00GBP.I will provide you an Accommodation,furnished with a Television Set and Internet Ready computer along with the accommodation,so your comfort will never be a problem.A vehicle will be available also for Mobility if you can Drive.
I need your updated resume for me to discuss more about you with my family and also talk to your references.
Applicant Must be willing to relocate.
Getting traveling papers such as visa will not be problem.
If you are interested,get back to me soonest, Cheers and God's blessings.
Regards,
DR Jun Li.
30 Park Barn Drive,
Guildford, England.
GU2 8EN.

After a few emails he gave me is lawyer's name, Barbara Woodward. Barbara Woodward is the ex-director of the Border Agency, and is in no way affiliated with this scam. barbarawoodward_ukimmigration@ymail.com

THIS IS A SCAM. If you get something similar, email the UK Border Agency and give them the email and email address.
wi11iam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Easy to See! Reply with quote

It's easy to see it's a scam! He's looking for a competent English teacher and he's living in England. Well, there are about 65 million native speakers in the UK and whilst they are not all teachers, he should have absolutely no problem finding teachers in the UK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: