ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking of teaching in South Amer. Gay friendly! Any ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> New ESL Teachers...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jules12198

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Thinking of teaching in South Amer. Gay friendly! Any ideas? Reply with quote

I am a 25 year old, tall blonde, white girl, who happens to be a lesbian and I want to teach somewhere in South Amterica.

I want to travel around for a bit but eventually stay in 1 spot for a few months. I speak a tiny bit of Spanish but I'm sure it will improve once I'm travelling.

Does anyone have any suggestions if I should find a job FIRST before going down there? Or, should I wing it and try my luck in each country?

Ecuador, Chile, Peru, Argentina... everywhere intrests me. I'd like it to be gay friendly place, maybe some surfing, not too ridiculously hot out but nice. I'm happy to be away from the big city or right downtown in the midst of it.

I have my TESL certificate and absolutely NO experience. I do have a 2 year Diploma in Women Studies... and a Certificate in Bartending!

Please help Razz
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: SEXUAL PREFERENCE Reply with quote

Hello Jules 12198

Welcome to the forum

I don't think one's sexual preference is a requirement for an English teacher and as there is so much prejudice in the world, I would not therefore, broadcast it.

I'm afraid I know nothing about South America but I have heard that it can be dangerous and definitely not as safe as Canada. Therefore, if you are going alone, then I would want the security of having a job to go to.

There are two ways of doing this. Searching the internet and checking the Job Boards, including ours or sending your CV directly to the school and follow up with an email and/or a telephone call. If there are no vacancies, then they will keep your CV on file until there is.

We have an ESL School Finder guide containing 1,000 addresses, contact names and telephone numbers of ESL Schools in South America but if you decided on somewhere else then there are over 9,000 addresses for ESL Schools worldwide. Click on the link below and download this guide straight to your desktop and you could be sending off your CV in minutes.

http://www.esl-school-finder.com/

One final point; to teach ESL, one would be expected to have a degree in any subject plus a TEFL certificate. Now in your case, you should be okay with your diploma.

Good luck

UJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> New ESL Teachers... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: