ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help in teaching kids in China

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> New ESL Teachers...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Need help in teaching kids in China Reply with quote

Hello all
I'm new in esl teaching. I came to China to teach in a kindergarten this year. after 6 months my boss asked me to take 4 classes a day age ranging from 2 to 6 year olds. I've been teaching back home in Singapore for 4 years before.
I'm having loads of difficulties at the moment to teach these kids being on my own without any help in planning etc.
And as well I have to teach speech and drama classes. I don't know how to get thru them. I've tried introducing weekly phrases, vocab games,songs,stories etc . With all these I still get parents saying kids are not speaking english. It's really demotivating for me.

1 ) How can I teach them to converse more?

2) Any speech and drama ideas or links I can search?

Really appreciated any ideas and suggestions.

Thank you.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: ESL TO YOUNG LEARNERS Reply with quote

Hello GE

Welcome to the forum

Here's a post to get you started

http://www.esl-jobs-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=28

Then try the section on ESL to Young Learners

http://www.esl-jobs-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=17

UJ
ferozkhan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be better for you if you go with online tutorials.....you will get more pay and involves less risk!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> New ESL Teachers... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: