ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel advice: DON'T FLY UNITED AIRLINES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> New ESL Teachers...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aardvark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Travel advice: DON'T FLY UNITED AIRLINES Reply with quote

I booked a flight to China using Expedia.com. Part of the trip included a quick flight from LA to San Fran. The itinerary said all flights would be Air China. It even printed out an Air China flight no. from LA to San Fran. When I got to the check in desk, Air China said that I had to go to United Airlines which was on the other side of the airport.
I had to take a cab to the other side and check in. Of course, United likes to add insult to injury. I had to check in at a computer terminal, weigh my bags, and wait for the boarding pass.
One bag was overweight by 4 kilos. Do you know how much they charged me for ONE overweight bag? $424.00!!! United came out of bankruptcy filing, they cut their staff, they charge you for extra legroom and food on long distance trips, and then they GOUGE PASSENGERS FOR OVERWEIGHT BAGS!!! Do NOT fly on an American airline! They are ripoffs!!
When I got to San Fran, I asked whether my bags would be loaded onto the Air China flight. They told me "NO" I had to collect my bags at the domestic terminal and walk them over to the international terminal and get my bags weighed again.
Air China admonished me for checking in late (do you think UA would inform Air China of my connecting flight? Hell no!!) and even though my bag was overweight, they let me go without paying ANOTHER baggage fee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> New ESL Teachers... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: