ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> New ESL Teachers...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkwrite78

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am from India, I am interested in a teaching position in China. I have a Masters degree in Business Administration with 4 years of teaching experience in teaching Commerce and accounting as well as Business Communication.

I also have a professional work experience of close to 5 years , as a customer support associate for American call centers located in India,

My Drawbacks, being ;

I am not a native speaker of English, though all my schooling and work experience been in English medium. In India we use English as official language. I do not hold an American/UK/.NZ/AUS/SA/Ireland passports.

I do not have a formal teachers training certification/ TESOL or something, Though I have taken TOEFL/GRE sometime back.

How would you evaluate my chances of landing a job as a teacher in China, I do not mind starting small. Any particular place where I can look for, any school, area.

Please advice, I am serious about a teaching career and traveling to China.

Thanks
pkwrite78
aardvark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Use Linked In.com Reply with quote

Try to look for recruiters on Linked In.com. Use your business & education experience and emphasize this.

Go to Network ESL.com and find out what they are paying for certain areas. Beijing & Shanghai might pay better, but the cost of living is also high.

Post your resume on Daves ESL web site. Find out what people say about certain employers. I used the info there to stop my application to a school in Hong Kong.

Keep trying and don't give up. Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> New ESL Teachers... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: