ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What work can I do in Indonesia?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
millfletcher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: What work can I do in Indonesia? Reply with quote

By the end of this year, more likely in October, we will be in Indonesia. My husband has a job offer in Jakarta and his offer comes with bringing his family there to live with him. Of course, that would be the best for everyone but the problem is that would mean i had to stop working. It is actually fine with me but I do not want to be a plain housewife, I want to continue working there.

I am a nurse, based on what I heard, nurses are not so in demand in the country. I am willing to do just anything possible. What work can I do there? I already checked on Axis Capital Group at http://www.axishcl.com/?ui=jobs but nothing seems to be working.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: TEACH ENGLISH Reply with quote

Hello Millfletcher

Welcome to the forum

Why don't you teach English then?

You're a native speaker, so all you need is a TEFL certificate (A FREE email course is available here http://esl.about.com/c/ec/34.htm ) to get started and you will have some other qualifications from your nursing career. Indonesians are crying out to learn English and they particularly like the North American accent, so there's nothing to stop you.

I wonder why you are interested in the Axis Recruitment Agency because they are based in Ghana, Africa and appear to recruit for Ghana only.

We have some jobs for Indonesia in our Oceania section of our Jobs Board here http://www.eslemployment.com/job-seekers/job-search2.php?JobCategory=Other&sm=and&kw=indonesia&locationgroup=oceania&submit=Search&in=site

Furthermore, we have an ESL School Finder guide, which contains the addresses of 120 ESL schools in Indonesia and 50 of these are in Jakarta. If you ever leave Indonesia, there are a further 10.000 ESL school addresses worldwide, contained in the guide. Once you have decided to teach English, you can send your CV to these schools, straight from your desktop, and you can follow it up with a telephone call and if there are no vacancies, your CV can be kept on file until there is. http://www.esl-school-finder.com/

There are several posts on our forum about Indonesia, which will give you an insight on teaching. Therefore, enter Indonesia in the Search for Keywords box and click Search. http://www.esl-jobs-forum.com/search.php?mode=results

Best of luck

UJ
stashritz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many secretarial jobs that is hiring now I am currently looking for a job abroad and I target Indonesia as well. You said you are willing to do just anything; a secretarial job is not so bad.
doreenherz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose you have any trips to Indonesia every now and then? If so, make researches instead - go to user groups and the like networks as much as you can. You will learn more before moving and living there for good.
jeffclarke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job hunting is all depends you resume and skills on the seeking part, since you have a degree it will be easier. Good luck on your new phase in life.

Last edited by jeffclarke on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
ivyhurgoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you learn Bahasa, it will help you on finding job there in no time. You still have time to do so.
sorrelaxe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try and visit axis human capital group, you will find many career advice there especially being an expat in Jakarta. Best of luck to you and your family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: