ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone work for NAME REMOVED in China? Scam or Legit?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.etc

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Anyone work for NAME REMOVED in China? Scam or Legit? Reply with quote

This post has been moderated UJ

What is the feedback on this school? They just opened a location walking distance from my apartment and the classrooms are modern and nice. Are they good people to work for and who owns the company. They say they are "international" but won't tell me who the owner is. What is the 411 on this company? Thanks in advance.
St. George

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: STIRRING IT UP Reply with quote

Etc, your previous post suggested checking the CFTU blacklist to determine whether a school is legit or not.

http://www.esl-jobs-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=14904&highlight=#14904

Why not do that now, because...

Methinks, you already know the answer and are just stirring it up on the forum, as usual!
More Or Less

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Former Employee of NAME REMOVED gives review... Reply with quote

This post has been moderated UJ

I worked for (name removed) two years ago and quit after my 90 day probationary period. Although they do have a business license I resented the constant lies and scheduling abuses. From the beginning, they told me it was an American joint venture company and it is not. (Name removed) is owned by some Chinese partners. Their FOA told me they were partners with the Ministry of Education and they are not.

When the police came and arrested 3 of our expat teachers for using the fake diplomas and TEFL certificates Manager (name removed) sold to us, I was damn lucky to be in the restroom at the time or I would have also been arrested.

When they were setting up their Skype teaching program they actually planned the pay period so they would get 6 weeks of free teaching from people in case the teachers complained about the many deductions they took from us. If anyone really complained and asked to see tax receipts from the government we were reminded that we were working without Z visas and could quickly be arrested and deported. On our team, only the team leader liked working there because of all the bonus money she made replacing teachers every time someone quit, which was almost one teacher a month at just our location.

There is a bunch of complaints about them on the beijinger forum and at these links too.

https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?704467-UPDATED-China-Liars-List-ESL-TEFL-Teacher-Job-Scams-Internships-Exporters-etc-BLACKLIST&p=1948554#post1948554

http://www.abroadreviews.com/

For me it was a learning experience not to be so lazy when looking for a new teaching job. SInce my (name removed) experience, I now only apply for jobs with employers that are white-listed here http://www.chinaforeignteachersunion.com/2017/01/cftu-publishes-2017-white-list-of-china.html. Live and learn.

Contact the poster for further details UJ
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: