ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fake Diplomas & TEFL Certificates in China = Deportation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durango

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Fake Diplomas & TEFL Certificates in China = Deportation Reply with quote

This post has been moderated UJ

About two weeks ago one of our teacher colleagues at (name removed) was taken away by the PSB for "questioning" and never returned to work. So we just all assumed he did not have a "Z" visa (a lot of teachers get deported for that in China) But last Friday he called to say goodbye and I found out his recruiter was arrested for selling phony diplomas and TEFL certificates and the cops went through his phone records and visited all the foreign teachers traced through his phone. Today I saw this warning online.

http://eslwatch.info/china-2/news-98/603-china-newsflash/12178-blacklisting-and-deportation-awaits-china-foreign-teachers-caught-working-with-fake-university-degrees.html

I guess now we have another reason to worry about recruiters. We never know what they are doing on the side.
.etc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: My ESL teacher neighbor was also deported from China Reply with quote

This post has been moderated UJ

Your warning came 8 months too late for my neighbor who got busted for having a fake TEFL certificate and the wrong visa (L) - all arranged by her recruiter at (name removed) She was arrested and locked up two weeks before they deported her.

She recently emailed me and told me she had planned to come back to China over the Christmas holidays as a tourist but was told she cannot come back to China for five years and will never be allowed to teach here again.

Warn everyone one you know guys... most China job recruiters are still pushing newbies to work illegally.
Okay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: 300+ foreign ESL teachers in China arrested 4 fake diplomas Reply with quote

Beijing TV (BTV News) confirmed that over 300 expat China foreign teachers were arrested after only two months of 3 month sting operation happening now in China. They are all now going to be deported.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=624768
Okay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: China's fake foreign English teachers being arrested again Reply with quote

It has been 4 years since this post originally warned people. And theonly thing that has changed since then is that the Chinese cops have gotten a lot more aggressive in their arrests which have grown from about 60 a month to over 1,000 a month! https://chinascampatrol.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/329-china-foreign-teachers-arrested-for-using-fake-tefl-certificates-in-april-of-2017/

Still the recruiters continue to hide the truth about Chinese law, and then after the newbie teachers get to China and learn the truth, they are scared into buying fake diplomas and TEFL certificates.

But now with this crazy bitch expossing all the fake teachers for reward money, the arrests will soon be doubling imo. https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?734205-China-s-Fake-TEFL-Foreign-Teachers-Identified-Here

What teachers don't seem to realize is that when they get caught and deported, they are sent home as convicted criminals and will have a helluva time getting travel visas to go anywhere or will never get a good job with that criminal record that will follow them for the rest of their lives.
Liza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: UPDATE: About 10,000 China TEFL Teachers Now To Be Arrested Reply with quote

After the recent arrests of Brett V.Z. and Rosie T. for selling fake diplomas and TEFL certificates, the pair agreed to cooperate fully with the authorities and turned over their hard drives and mobile phones to the cops to be copied. On the CCTV news, the police spokesman said they will now find and arrest all of the teachers who bought the fake documents and said there were "more than 10,000" going back to 2015. https://www.reddit.com/r/TEFL_TIPS_TRAPS_SCAMS/comments/6nq0iy/bv_zeller_and_rosie_tang_arrested_again_in_psb/

Heres the names of the last 329 arrested; https://chinascampatrol.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/329-china-foreign-teachers-arrested-for-using-fake-tefl-certificates-in-april-of-2017/
Reilly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Still the recruiters continue to hide the truth about Chinese law, and then after the newbie teachers get to China and learn the truth, they are scared into buying fake diplomas and TEFL certificates"

No sympathy. It takes only a few minutes on Google to look up Chinese law about teaching in China and what you need to have. Maybe one quick phone call to the nearest Chinese Embassy...and there you are.

Did these people not do ANY research? It's 2017 not 1720. The information is out there and widely available. They were fully complicit.

I don't think there is any excuse anymore. You are going to move to the other side of the world...do SOME research on your own and see what you are getting into. Scared or not, they knew they were breaking the law when they purchased these fake papers.

As far as I am concerned...it's long overdue. As for these people...I've said it before and I will say it again. If one has mismanaged their life so badly that their only/best resort is to use fraud to obtain employment in another country, then they deserve any penalty that they get. As for the recruiters, they should serve a jail term that corresponds to the length of the teacher's ban. Banned for five years? Then the recruiter serves HIS five years, in a Chinese jail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: