ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Business & Basic EFL Exercises for All Levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Links to Your Website...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianAppleyard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Business & Basic EFL Exercises for All Levels Reply with quote

Tired of generic free "lessons" from dozens of different web sites? Isn't it time to get serious, pedagogically sound materials for your classes, and stop wasting nights and weekends on an endless search? If the quality is great, and the price is right, it's worth paying for! Go to:

http://www.englishtoolbox.com

and explore the search engine. Then subscribe to get the best materials on the internet, whenever you need them. Both basic and business English, all levels, in MS Word or interactive HTML formats.

[Reciprocal link at http://www.englishtoolbox.com/links.asp ]
englangt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get real! You imply that your site is somehow superior to all others.

The fact is: There are so many "pedagogically sound" resources that are available at NO COST. Teachers, just take a little time to explore what's out there by doing a search. Check out language book publishers for example.
engexposes

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Carty, owner of englishtoolbox, should be ashamed of himself for implying that his site is superior to all others. He offers nothing more than you already know and can do. He offers nothing more than other ESL sites can give you for free. You can get even BETTER material at anytime on the Internet for FREE. Ask yourself why you would want to pay for something when you can 1. do it yourself easily 2. find high quality material for free on other ESL sites
Lee Hobbs
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: The ethics of standing behind one's product Reply with quote

engexposes wrote:
He offers nothing more than other ESL sites can give you for free.

Engexposes, just curious: have you inquired as to whether or not the company you refer to offers a money-back guarantee if customers are not satisfied with the product/service it offers? Other readers may like to know this before they take a gamble online with their hard-earned ESL teaching money .

Please let us know.

~L

Lee's blog is still available, however, here: www.english-blog.com
engexposes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: The ethics of standing behind one's product Reply with quote

Lee Hobbs wrote:
engexposes wrote:
He offers nothing more than other ESL sites can give you for free.

Engexpoes, just curious: have you inquired as to whether or not the company you refer to offers a money-back guarantee if customers are not satisfied with the product/service it offers? Other readers may like to know this before they take a gamble online with their hard-earned ESL teaching money .

Please let us know.

~L

No, I have not asked them if they offer a money-back guarantee and I can find nothing on their site that says they do. Perhaps some will try their product and find it to be for them and others might well be disappointed. Why spend the money to begin with?

A great many ESL teachers don't have the extra money, even if the cost is presented as mere cents, to spend. Not that there is something wrong with commercial sites, but there are many quality sites that are FREE. Yes, it does take some time to find them, but they are there.

Here are their top 10 downloads they say have been downloaded from their site in the last 15 months. Keep in mind that these have been paid for by teachers - BUT remember that you can also find all of this for FREE by simply doing some searching and networking.

Logistics Terms.doc
Business Idioms 1.doc
Logistics Vocabulary.doc
Presentations 1.doc
Telephoning 1.doc
Business Idioms 2.doc
Effective Bullet Points.doc
Formality vs Informality Correspondence.doc
Gerunds and Infinitives 1.doc
Meetings Phrases 1.doc
BrianAppleyard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: English Toolbox Replies Reply with quote

I've posted a reply to the attacks above here:

http://www.englishtoolbox.com/difference.html

I don't know why my site offends some people so much: I didn't realize that TEFL teaching had become a religious calling. I simply offer a service that saves teachers hours of time every week for less than two dollars a week. As a professional, I consider my time worth more than a couple of bucks an hour, especially my free time. If teachers want to spend minutes or hours of their time trying to find or write exercises that meet specific demands, great. But if they prefer to go to a search engine with pull-down menus to find the exercises in a few seconds, they'll have to pay for it. I spent thousands of dollars for a database firm to build my search engine, and I don't think that there's anything immoral about trying to recoup those costs.

However, I do thank the offended parties for continuing to attack English Toolbox on this and other forums. Every time they do so, I get more hits on the site, and my page ranking on Google goes higher. Keep up the good work, guys!
RoseV8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Advertising? Reply with quote

I know these are old posts but I wasn't aware this site allowed advertising.
BrianAppleyard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It allows "reciprocal links" (see first post in this thread).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Links to Your Website... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: