ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*$ HELP with E2 VISA ISSUE $*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Korea [Only]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CNDteacher

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: *$ HELP with E2 VISA ISSUE $* Reply with quote

I was just offered a teaching role in Busan by a private school who has brought in over 100 teachers via the Korean E-2 Visa.

After speaking with them and then the Korean Consulate in Toronto, Canada, I am confused.

The school has told me I am simply to send them a "scanned copy" of the required documents (as is) to them, and this is all they need to get a Visa Issuance number issued. I am then supposed to put this number on the Visa application and then send any required "original" documents to the Toronto consulate.

Now, the Toronto consulate told me the school is not correct - that the ONLY WAY to get a Visa Issuance number issued is by FIRST sending "original" and notarized documents to the school in Korea, who then takes these to Korean Immigration in order to get a Visa Issuance number issued.

The school told me not to listen to the Toronto consulate, and that they are full of sh*t.

*** WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? ***

Is there a school here or someone else who recently has gone through the process (preferably with a Canadian Korean Consulate) who can comment?
Visa Issuance number issued for an E-2 Visa???

Confused.
St. George

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: BRIBE Reply with quote

Sounds like the school knows someone in the Korean Immigration Office, willing to issue you a visa number for a bribe.

If it is not costing you anything, then do it. This is the way they do things over there. It is called helping each other.

If your documents are genuine, then you have nothing to worry about. Do it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Korea [Only]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: