ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many of you TEFL teachers were deported from China?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject: How many of you TEFL teachers were deported from China? Reply with quote

This post has been moderated UJ

I was one of the 3,800 foreign teachers deported not long ago - not for anything I did, but for believing my recruiter who did not get me the Z visa required by law. He brought me in to teach at a blacklisted school called H**p**n and within 6 months I found myself sitting in a Chinese dungeon for 30 eating soup and a steamed bun 3 times a day at DaXing jail. This summarizes how I was fooled and by whom https://www.tefl.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8836&p=21146#p21146

Only because I had a pregnant Chinese wife was I allowed to return following my deportation after paying a $2,000 fine. If not for my wife Ling, I would have gotten a 5 year reentry ban. I later learned from the PSB officer who arrested me that my recruiter got over 100 foreign teachers deported by not only giving them the wrong visa, but also selling them fake uni diplomas and TEFL certificates. Another famous woman recruiter name (Name Removed) got over 1,200 foreign teachers deported in the same year and actually was sent to jail for it.

The reason I am posting this years later, is because yesterday 3 teachers from my new employer D****y English were arrested and taken away for the same Z visa problem that I had, and I wondered to myself if these recruiters are every going to stop getting innocent teachers arrested and thrown in jail. Why can't they follow the damn laws of China. No, my recruiter was not Chinese. He was a foreigner.

After watching this video, I think every TEFL teacher needs to know about this huge risk we are taking without even being told. Today I am 100% legal teaching with my Z visa and earning over 20,000rmb a month only because I no longer use an agent and went the DIY route [url] https://www.reddit.com/r/ChinaScamCentral/comments/i1hqk7/3000_foreigners_were_arrested_jailed_and_deported/[/url]

Please contact the poster for further details UJ
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: