ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

School Bell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Recommended ESL Technology...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlotte

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: School Bell Reply with quote

I run a small language school on the South Coast. I have 5 fantastic teachers but one of my main gripes is getting them to start their classes on time. I have decided to buy a school bell. I am looking for a simple cheap bell that will automatically sound to signify the start and end or each class.

However, I can't find anything suitable anywhere. I have even looked into using a doorbell but there doesn't seem to be anything appropriate without spending a small fortune. I have tried a manual bell but I am often enrolling new students, fixing toilets, chasing students for payment so I couldn't always remember/make the time to go around and ring a manual bell.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
________
Mazda 121

Last edited by charlotte on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee Hobbs
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Alarm Clock Bell? Reply with quote

charlotte wrote:
I couldn't always remember/make the time to go around and ring a manual bell.

Charlotte,

Try a low-tech solution. Buy an inexpensive, wind-up, mechanical alarm clock, the kind that has an actual ringer-bell.

At the end of each class period, set the alarm to go off when the next session should begin and then place it out in the lobby or on the secretary's desk or wherever students and teachers loiter. When it's time for class to begin, it will go off.

After class begins, if the thing is loud enough, you could set it again for an hour, or however long your classes are, to let pupils and teachers know when their session is complete.

Best,

Lee
http://www.english-blog.com

Lee's blog is still available, however, here: www.english-blog.com
charlotte

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this reply. Yes an old fashioned alarm clock is one solution but it still means me having to remember to set it at least 5 times a day. I would really prefer an automatic solution (it will then still work if I am away from the office for any reason). I can't believe that there is nothing suitable on the market for small schools. mmmm........
________
buy herbalaire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Recommended ESL Technology... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: