ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

 FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa in Korea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Korea [Only]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Visa in Korea Reply with quote

From what I've read on the forums, Korea looks like a good place to teach! I just need to know how difficult it would be to get a visa.

...I'm from Malta, but I had also been a citizen of Australia for 9 years; quite a while ago. I still need to check whether my citizenship is dual now (Maltese/Australian)

I'm a real dunce when it comes to these kind of things...could someone please fill me in? Thanks Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 07 Nov 2009
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Teaching English Abroad - South Korea Reply with quote

If you do not have Korean ancestry you need to apply for E-2 Visas:
E-2 Visa Procedure
Estimated Total Costs: $110 Time: 18-25 days
Required Documents : <==Click for detailed description
1. BA/BS degree
2. University transcripts - Official (sealed) university transcripts (NEVER open the transcripts)
3. Copy of Resume *
4. Copy of Passport (photo side) *
5. Signed Contract *
6. 4 passport size photos total (take total of 4- mail 2 to Korea and keep 2 for later) Costs: $30
Costs : $35
Time : 3 days

*Documents in italics means it can be sent to us later by fax/email
Those with Korean ancestry (“Gyopo"), must apply for an F-4 VIsa after they arrive in Korea, not before.

ü The F-4 application requires the mother or father’s “Ho Juk Deung Bon" (a copy of this form is
available at the “gu" office in South Korea where the parents lived prior to leaving Korea)

To apply for the form the following information is needed:

Mother/Father’s full name
Mother/Father’s old Korean ID #
Mother/Father’s old Korean address
Once the form has been obtained it must be taken to the Korean Immigration Office, along with the following documents:
ü A copy of your naturalization papers or foreign birth certificate.
ü Passport
ü 4 recent passport size color photographs.
ü Current resume

There is a visa processing fee (check the Korean Immigration Office for details), and it takes about a week to process. The F-4 visa allows you to live and work in Korea much like a native. The visa is renewable every two years, and you don’t have to change your visa if you change jobs.

I hope this helps>>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The visa process takes 3 weeks once all of your documents are ready,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Korea [Only]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP

Contact Us | About Us | ESL Jobs Newsletter | ESL Lesson Plan | ESL Online