ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live On Line ESL Teaching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Recommended ESL Technology...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorigeo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Live On Line ESL Teaching Reply with quote

I've recently become quite interested in the opportunities that seem to be there waiting for us to learn in online teaching. It requires a fast connection and setting up a virtual classroom but the pluses for both student and teacher seem to make the effort to get it going worthwhile.

Is anyone doing on line teaching? How is it going? Are you doing one on one teaching or classroom? Do you find students are gaining good english speaking and listening skills? Let's discuss this NOW topic and find the best ways to do it.

Lori, an ESL Teacher in China
abi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Lori Reply with quote

Hi Lori,
I'm writing in response to yor message from my home in NZ.
I was teaching in Jinan last year for EF!
I am studying Bed Adult Ed degree extra murally with Massey Uni, and one of my papers is comuter mediated learning.
So many issues to discuss, so very complex but it is the way to go for so many reasons.
I could do with just writing to a student from China just to get a feel for what it would be like to teach online(and for my study).
If you know of anyone over there who would like to participate, I nee someone who is a higher level to start with. This would benefit them, as it is free, and myself with my studies and would benefit you as you could get posotive feedback from this...and who knows where it could lead to!!
Interested?
Contact me on abigailsmith@emailaccount.com Wink
zoegiraffe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: If you have broadband ISP service you can teach online. Reply with quote

I teach coversational English to South Koreans by phone.
If you have broadband ISP service you can teach online.
Arrow Check out the website at www.carrotenglish.com/eng/
They are looking for people to work in the very early morning hours
Monday through Friday.
cliffdodger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also heard of people doing private tutoring of students via skype voice and text chat. Doing the teaching online is actually great since you have a quick google image search at your disposal whenever a student asks "what's a ????"
Vivinjohn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for companies which conduct online teaching. I have heard these companies offer online teaching which is outsourced to India. Students get learning online and there is a great demand for such courses in US and UK.
square peg web

Last edited by Vivinjohn on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
brookevstheworld

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: I just wrote an article on this! Reply with quote

Hi all, I just wrote an article on virtual teaching English, so check it out if you need some pointers.

Skype with a webcam makes for a decent one-on-one setup, but Edufire offers a website with software for the classes. I used to work for a company that did virtual teaching English and it was great! I worked with little kids from Korea while I was in Australia - crazy stuff - but unfortunately the company was poorly run and their branch here dissolved.
bruceree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online teaching is starting to catch on, although it is still in its infancy. A school in Japan offers online classes for their students (I believe the name of the school is Nova) and quite a few Korean schools are hiring American and Canadian teachers to conduct online classes.

Online ESL teaching will be the next wave in the ESL and EFL industry with the advance of faster Internet speed connections and free VOIP applications like Skype, although Skype is limited to one-on-one web conferencing. But, there's apps like ooVoo, that allows for mult-user web conferencing so you can conduct 'online classrooms.'

I'm not sure if you were looking into starting your own online school, but it will be a great direction to go into.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Recommended ESL Technology... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: