ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sneaky China Expat Tax Scam Steals 45% of Teacher Salary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okay

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: The Sneaky China Expat Tax Scam Steals 45% of Teacher Salary Reply with quote

Now that Expat teacher salaries are at an all -time high in China, the schools have found a clever but devious way to get those extra 50,000 rmb back from your pocket into theirs, and you will never suspect a thing! This is truly a brilliant scam. Here is how you can get every dollar back... https://www.docdroid.net/i9eJo86/cftu-taxscam-docx#page=1
Radar

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! The OP is right. I asked my employer for copies of my tax receipts, and she told me it would take the school account another month to get them together (when the school year would be over). So I told her "Never mind I will go to the Tax Bureau and ask them for my copies). Boy did she freak out! She was so nervous and asking me why I needed my tax receipts. When I told her "The lady at the Ministry of Labor told me i was supposed to get these receipts automatically without even asking for them" she just turned white and took me into the principal's office and told her in Chinese "women you yi ge wen ti dada" (We have a big problem)

They went out in the hall way and talked privately for 20 minutes. Then the principal came back in and told me. "There seems there may have been an error on your withholding tax and our school will pay them for you to avoid problems with the tax people". She then had her assistant type up a statement she wanted me to sign saying that the school never deducted any tax moneys from my salary.

I told here I could not sign that statement because it was false and that over the last year she deducted 48,000 rmb in taxes from my wages. She sent her assistant to the head office and an hour later, I was called back into the office and paid 48,000 rmb cash and asked to sign the paper again. I scribbled something in English but it was not my real signature. I did that just in case they don't pay me my final pay or reimburse my air fare they said they would do when I complete my contract which is now 6 weeks away from completion,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: